This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Update manager failure

Henriolavi

Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:22:14 am

Hi

Update manager does not work.

Update.jpg

I tried to uninstall and reinstall and fix the broken packages from Synaptic but did not help. Still showing the same error message and does not start.

Synaptic.jpg

Henriolavi

Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:46:55 am

Hi

I tried everything, uninstall and reinstall the update manager, fix the broken packages and update from the terminal but it did not work. There was something that I could not get fixed. I finally made a new installation downloading Zorin 9 Educational to see whether it works stable.

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:52:06 am

Hi, you may not have been able to fix broken packages if you had installed a third party applicaton not supported by official channels! To force the removal of a badly installed package follow my advice in the 'Kingsoft Lottery' thread! ;)

Henriolavi

Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:27:50 am

Hi

I did not install any third party applications there. Only Chromium from Software center due to Chrome did not install from Web Browser manager then and Gnome tweak tool. After error message Software center did not work any more. Could be opened but nothing install/ remove could not be done. So, due to "fatal error" I decided to make a new clean install. It was second time with Zorin 9 Core in short time. Newer happend that with Zorin 8 Core or Ultimate. I have now Zorin 9 Educational and it works without problems now.

Synaptic did not work either consistently. It did not detect any problems with the installation's packages but said then that it can't resolve the dependencies when reinstalling the Update manager.