This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Desktop icons MESS

Totolanio

Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:42:30 pm

Hey,
Since I use zorin 8, my desktop is a real mess !

The icons are not organised even if I click on "keep icons organised". It's not like on Windows 7 or even Puppy (or any distribution I bet).
If i click on this option and then i click on "sort by name" the icons will be well put, but I don't want them to be sorted by name ! So I'm forced to have a total mess everytime I move one icon (even if "keep organised" is checked).

See :P

How to fix that ? It's annoying

Linx

Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:03:07 pm

Uncheck and recheck the "keep aligned" option =]

I can't completely test as I only have 2 desktop icons =(

Hope this helps, If it does resolve the issue would you mind throwing up another screenshot? just want to see how it relocates everything.

Hope this helps!

Totolanio

Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:11:08 pm

Well... I already tried this like 50 times lol

So I retried and it does NOTHING.
If I sort by names though it will align the icons in an organised way but all the icons will be right next to each other and if I move them it won't be aligned once more (unless I'm very precise with the mouse lol)

Swarfendor437

Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:14:24 am

Hi, I will have a look, (time permitting), when back from holiday next week unless someone else posts in the meantime! :D

Totolanio

Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:55:44 am

Up !

Swarfendor437

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:23:27 am

HI, bumping does NOT work on this forum friend - future postings of a similar nature will be removed and persistence could lead to a temporary ban - we are VOLUNTEERS and NOT paid employees of Zorin! :D

Swarfendor437

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:55:46 am

Install Thunar!:

33.jpg

Totolanio

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:48:33 pm

Bumping is not meant to be offensive, it's to make ANY people see the thread.
What should I do ? create a new thread ? i'd be banned for that too -_-

And since you said "ill check in a week" I just wanted to know if you could give me an answer... I know you are benevolents, but if you forget ? I make a new thread ? lol

About the answer Can I install Thunar + Nautilus at the same time ? Will it deactivate Nautilus ? Will it uninstall Nautilus ? how to reactivate it if I prefer nautilus ? :P
Thank you if you can answer

Swarfendor437

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:58:59 pm

Hi you can install Thunar alongside Nautilus - you cannot remove Nautilus as it is an integral part of the OS!

With regards to bumping, we need to be aware of space on the servers - if everyone did that we would soon run out of space I suspect! ;)
Not to mention 'global warming' but don't get me started on that nonsense! Beef production produces more greenhouse gases than cars - and Military weather weapons heating up the atmosphere! :D

Thunar file manager will appear under System Tools after install - it also allows you to Create Folders and Documents! :D

Anonymous

Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:00:11 am

Totolanio > Make/Model Computer of your computer can tell me alot about what happens on a [ ZOS Desktop ]
From the [ Screenshot ] I see lack the mess on the desktop that has nothing to do with the problem.
Except for the [ Trash Icon ] out of place.
Like Swarfy has said...this is rare happening as a lunar eclipse.
Myself/Datek came across this problem once out of over a 820 full installations. { GNU/Linux }
Most part were Zorin OS !!@!!

Yet yours could be No. 2 !!!~!! :D :D

I have stacks of PC's in the warehouse old/new models.
I usually take the subject Make/Model of the computer....and install ZOS.
To reenact the problem itself to see with my own eyes.

Totolanio

Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:38:39 am

Ok I'll try Thunard but I thought it was a replacement for Nautilus (like PCmanfm). Thank you

Didn't understand what Gizmuntu said.

So if nobody answers a question and the thread goes on page 2 in 2 days (it means few people could have seen the thread), I make a new thread ?
I need to know before I get banned for my evilness. :lol:

Anonymous

Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:11:32 am

Try this if you don't understand : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8159
One thread per member...per problem.
Any more threads of the exact same nature will cause problems for you as a member.
One thread will get plenty of results in time. [ Patience ]
That is after being told why [ not ] from Swarfendor

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:44:21 am

Totolanio wrote:Ok I'll try Thunard but I thought it was a replacement for Nautilus (like PCmanfm). Thank you

Didn't understand what Gizmuntu said.

So if nobody answers a question and the thread goes on page 2 in 2 days (it means few people could have seen the thread), I make a new thread ?
I need to know before I get banned for my evilness. :lol:

Consider it a replacement for you to use - it does not replace - I read information elsewhere that Nautilus is an integral part of Ubuntu - remove it and you lose the OS - I suspect the same would happen if you uninstalled Windows Explorer in Windows. ;)