This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] ZorinOS9 - Start Button Keyboard Bind to Zorin Menu

KCuHCeht

Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:28:45 pm

OK guys, I found this post in the forums:
http://www.zoringroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1675

But, it appears that it is for an older version of Zorin. I have installed Zorin OS 9. I have tried the keyboard shortcuts in system settings>keyboard to no avail.

Does anyone have some help for me?

Thanks in advance.

-Chuck

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:53:23 am

Hi, your link posts to Zorin Lite which uses a totally different DE than the Core version - Lite is based on Lubuntu and uses LXDE. For core try this - absolutely no guarantees as I think i tried this (I think) - install GnoMenu - go to upubuntu.com/2012/03 and search that page for 'menu' - open a terminal (Ctrl+ Alt+ T) and copy and paste each of those commands, one at a time and press enter key after each pasting to let each command run. After installation, righ-click the AWN Panel (bottom of screen) and select 'Preferences' then click on the 'Applets' Tab and scroll down to 'GnoMenu' - drag this down to the far left of the 'fake' panel at the bottom of this window and you will get a second 'Z' button appearing - right-click this and select Preferences, then click on the 'Preferences' Tab and check mark the 'Super+ L' option to enable windows key binding - NO GUARANTEES! Keep us posted! :D

KCuHCeht

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:41:56 pm

MOST EXCELLENT!!! WORKS LIKE A CHARM. Gnomenu also gives you customizable button/icon options better than the stock zorin ones... And you can hit the checkbox that says use the distributor button theme instead of the custom options it gives.

Thank you very much Swarfendor437

SOLVED!

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:00:31 pm

Great! Glad you are sorted! :D