This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Keyboard setting NEVER remembered

Totolanio

Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:16:06 pm

When I restart my computer, I have my keyboard in english and not in the setting i chose I have to change it again even if it's already on the right setting (on the icon in the lower right corner).

So I have to change it everytime, not a big deal but it's still a bug.

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:48:34 pm

Hi, I know it is for far-east languages but have you tried to see if running i-bus helps? Also, did you go into language properties where you copy your preferred language across to the default profile for input method? Sadly I cannot show here as I am running Win7 starter - on holiday!

Totolanio

Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:06:24 pm

How do you start Ibus ?

And I've changed my language according to my keyboard and removed every other languages.
PS : it worked very well in zorin 8

Totolanio

Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:55:35 pm

I deactivated Ibus in the language setting and it looks like it works (not 100% sure but like 99% xD since i shut down and didn't have to change the setting again)

It should be in some kind of a FAQ !

Swarfendor437

Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:20:23 am

Hi Totolanio, is your issue now fixed! If so will mark as [SOLVED]! :D Would be great if you could produce a 'How-to' for the How-tos and Tutorial section of the forum - remember to mark it as a 'Sticky' - that way it gets to the top of the list! (and to be included in unofficial Zorin guide - when I get round to resuming it!) :D

Totolanio

Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:03:16 pm

Well It looks like it's not going to help many people so it should be in a FAQ i guess :x

Mr_83

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:05:59 pm

I had same problem with finnish keyboard layout and Zorin 9. But after ibus change this was fixed. thx