This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] Internet Connectivity issue

M136

Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:41:06 pm

I just installed Zorin OS Core 9.1 and I don't know how to connect to my home wifi!
I tried manually entering all the information through edit connections and it didn't work for me.
Is there a way to search for wifi? I can't seem to figure it out. I even plugged my home ethernet cable and it would not connect me.
If anybody has had this issue or knows how to resolve it I would appreciate it.

madvinegar

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:56:35 am

Please post back the result of the following terminal commands:

lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
sudo rfkill list all

M136

Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:17:30 am

madvinegar wrote:Please post back the result of the following terminal commands:

lspci -nnk | grep -iA2 net
sudo rfkill list all

Thanks here's my results.

I typed the first line exactly as its typed above then I pressed enter and I got the name of the Network controller (net shows up in red letters)
I also got the name of the subsystem for the Network Controller and what Kernel driver in use
I also got the name of the ethernet controller and the name of the PCI express gigabit ethernet controller.
I then typed the second line of the command you gave. and it says [sudo] password for (my name)

I also typed the command on one line and the response said grep: sudo: no such file or directory
grep: rfkill: no such file or directory
grep: list: no such file or directory
grep: all: no such file or directory

So far this is is what I got and I appreciate your response thanks Madvinegar

SteveD

Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:12:21 am

Don't type it on one line, type it as to consecutive commands, when it askes for your password put in the password you created when you installed.

madvinegar needs to see the the results from those commands word for word to help :)

Presumably you are using a different computer to post on here so maybe you could take a photo of the screen on the other one and post that here?