This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Libre Office 2.4 and network shares

Ironman

Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:42:49 pm

New install with the intention of eventually avoiding Microsoft completely but I am unable to get LO to see network shares. However the OS (9 Ultimate) sees the shares and the files within. Today I spent a couple of hours searching through this forum and more widely at <LibreOffice.org>. I was unable to find help. Obviously I can copy files manually across the network to Zorin OS then use LO to open the files from within Zorin OS but this is not how it's supposed to work........

Most grateful for any guidance you can provide.

Regards,

Ironman.

System specs:
3 - AsusN75SF laptops - identical - one used for test purposes-dual boot
8GB DDR3
Intel graphics HD3000 plus Nvidia GeForce GT 555M
Primary HDD: Samsung 840 EVO SSD 500GB single partition - Windows 7 HP x64
On the test N75SF, Secondary (internal) HDD: Seagate SSHD 1TB with three partitions of which one, 330GB, is ext4 for Zorin OS 9 Ultimate x64 and swap file
Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet to Asus RT-AC68U router

Ironman

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:35:31 pm

Since Zorin OS could automatically see all the shares and files within, I "assumed" application software would do likewise. Not so for LO until the shares were mounted manually. Now all is good. LO reads and writes to docx and xlsx/xlsm on shares, with very minor formatting and macro issues.

Regards,

Ironman.

Wolfgang02

Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:32:20 am

That is the only way to do it. I use network shares all the time as I have a NAS drive with all files on it. Well the NAS is a real time back up of all the data help locally. But I can see (read and write) direct to my NAS from any local software on any PC.

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:28:36 pm

Hi Ironman, have marked this as [SOLVED] - in respect of NAS - please read my post on Prison Locker!

viewtopic.php?f=0&t=7386&p=35383&hilit=Prison+Locker#p35383