This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

all video playback looks like fast forward

hover32

Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:17:00 am

Hello everyone,
I'm not new to Linux, first dabbled in 1997, went away and came back a few years ago. LOVE Zorin! Used Zorin 6 on this laptop for a long time with no problems until Ubuntu said there was an update. Well, it didn't work! No worries, I found Zorin was at 9 Core! Downloaded, installed on USB stick, ran live for an evening with great success! Went through the install process with NO dual boot, no issues. This was a clean install with the selection to erase the hard drive. Everything was working well including watching videos such as YouTube and "WMV" and MP4 that are on my hard drive. I installed the video download helper add on in firefox and everything still worked. I let the system do all the software updates suggested with a restart and still everything worked. Suddenly, a video I clicked on was looking like I pressed the fast forward button on my DVD remote, no audio, just fast forward. This is in Youtube as well as videos stored locally.
Here is my system...
Dell Studio XPS 1640
3.9GiB ram
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz x2
64 bit archetecture with 64 bit Zorin OS9 Core
320 GB hard drive
graphics Gallium 0.4 on AMD RV635
Any help will be appreciated very much! Please keep in mind I am a windows transplant so command line help will need to be VERY clear for me.
Thanks,
Hover32

Wolfgang02

Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:11:40 am

One solution may be to check if you are using flash player and if you are then uninstall it and then try to install it and see if that helps.

You can uninstall it from the synaptic package manager and remember to run:
Code:
sudo apt-get remove flashplugin-nonfree

To reinstall it, either install direct from flash website or the synaptic package manager.