This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 9 Ultimate checksum error

grousebeater

Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:08:40 am

Hi Guys on the verge of writing off my 10euros paid for ultimate for the last 4 days I have been down loading and checking code to no avail tried in win 7 and zorin 8 ,uninstalled google and firefox and reinstalled but no joy.I have cleaned out windows c*** and tried all that I can think of and help desk didn't really help either. My system is asus motherboard fx quad core 12gig memory 2 tb harddrive can anybody give any suggestions that might resolve my problem,never had this with zorin 8 and I loved it so I thought I would buy and support the team.
Regards Ken

madvinegar

Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:09:21 am

Hi. Just to understand, you managed to check the md5sum but it was not the same as per the iso?
Or you did not manage to check the md5sum at all?

In the first case you must re-download the iso or communicate with the devs to let them know.

In the second case, to check the iso's md5sum all you need to do is open terminal, cd to the directory where the iso is and run the command:
Code:
md5sum name-of-iso.iso

For example if your iso is in your downloads folder, you run:
Code:
cd /home/$USER/Downloads
md5sum name-of-iso.iso

grousebeater

Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:28:31 am

Hi
thanks for quick reply I have failed to get the checksum to match in both windows & Zorin,I have been intouch with help desk they told me to download again this I have done about 20 times or more even tried on my laptop still no joy even reinstall browser .

madvinegar

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:40:45 pm

Is your wireless connection OK? (stable, no disruptions etc?)

The problem is that there is no torrent available...

grousebeater

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:58:18 pm

Hi madvinegar did another download and used your instruction in terminal and it came up with correct checksum now to burn it ,thanks very much for the guidance.
Regards Ken

madvinegar

Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:31:49 pm

Great!
Burn it at lowest possible speed.

Anonymous

Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:56:35 pm

Just in case [ :D :D ]
For Ref. : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8124

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:59:35 pm

Hi grousebeater - can this thread be marked as [SOLVED]? :D

SteveD

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:34:34 pm

Just one point, the md5sum I was given for Ultimate is for the .7z archive that you download not for the ISO :)

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:39:08 pm

SteveD wrote:Just one point, the md5sum I was given for Ultimate is for the .7z archive that you download not for the ISO :)

That is correct! I have posted this fact many times - I have lost count! :D

Also, I only use imgburn set to lowest speed Optical drive supports - download from ninite.com to ensure no other stuff gets downloaded - always do 'custom install' on any freeware app as more and more are becoming reliant on 3rd party funding! ;)