This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Launcher settings

blfriis

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:45:56 pm

Hi to all of you I have installed Zorin Os 9 Ultimate and it works great.. I use the Mac look and I like the launcher but I can't search for documents or pictures etc. only programs shows. Is it possible to make it search for everything I know I can use synapse instead, but I would like to search with the launcher..
Keep up the good work :D

Henriolavi

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:12:03 am

Hi

I don't know if Mac os look works just same way as "Docky". There you can open "Files" to the launcher so that when opened it goes to " Home" and there to open "Pictures", " Documents " Downloads" etc. folders.

home folder.jpg

blfriis

Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:43:00 am

Yes I know and Docky is used in Mac look.But I would like to be able to search for document music etc through the launcher. If it aint possible I just keep searching via synapse ;)

madvinegar

Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:04:58 am

Synapse is your best choice.
Launcher is used just for apps. My opinion is that it would be a mess if you could include files in the search results.

Swarfendor437

Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:50:51 pm

Would be curious to see if 'Everything' (Search Everything) from Ninite.com would work under 'wine'! :D

lend27

Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:55:27 am

Is there a way to configure the launcher so that more icons appear on each page, hence less pages?

Thanks
Len

Wolfman

Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:32:31 pm

Hi,

the only way that I can think off getting ALL your shortcut icons in one place is to open Nautilus > Computer > Usr > Share > Applications and right click the folder "Applications" and Copy to > Desktop, this will place a copy of the apps folder on the desktop but you will have to right click each app icon in the folder and go to Properties > Permissions > Allow executing as a program. :D

Swarfendor437

Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:42:39 pm

I don't use this method myself, but your best solution would be to install Cairo-Dock DE and add a 'stack' to the 'dock'. :D

lend27

Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:22:19 pm

Thanks for the info guys!

I will look at both of those options!

Len