This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] flash player problem

copperhead89

Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:45:58 am

I am new to Linux due to not knowing the system in much detail am having an issue that seems unfixable after many attempts. I installed Zorin OS 8 lite on and old Dell 3.06 P4 with 1 gb ram. After install I tried to view Youtube and after many hours of search, update, running packages in terminal I cannot find any way to solve this issue. Are some computers unable to correct some problems? I hate Windows and seems I will need to reinstall Vista.
I am posting this on my laptop as the pink and green screen displayed on my Dell desktop makes this website totally useless. I have Flash 11. something, done updates, and things for many hours without knowing what the heck is going on. Are there videos or tutorials that will really work. Thank you if anyone cares or knows. I would be willing to pay a fair price for the fix if that is a problem.

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:51:09 am

Hi, and welcome to Zorin! For your information, Zorin 8 Lite is now end-of-life - I would advise you install the latest version, Zorin 9 Lite - Gizmuntu has given the link here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8089