This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

NTM internet-traffic-data-counter doesn't work on Zorin OS 9

madvinegar

Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:36:05 am

Greetings neighbor from Greece. Benvenuto.

Have you downloaded the latest version of NTM? The latest is 1.3.1. You can download the deb from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/netramo ... M/ntm-1.x/

It seems to be an old project so it is better to install the latest version as you are using the latest kernel (3.13).

madvinegar

Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:14:19 am

What happens if you run in terminal:

ntm

Do you get any error?

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:46:06 am

Hi, you say it works in Ubuntu (14.04?). I would be tempted to install 'gnome' and if you want the login to remain the same I think you need to choose 'LDM' - Light Desktop Manager - if you are happy for your login to change to Ubuntu type (bit like PearOS that was) then choose 'GDM'. Then when you get to login, use cog wheel to choose 'Gnome DE' and try it in there! ;)

madvinegar

Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:28:41 pm

I have a theory that it might not be working if emilio has changed his desktop to the italian language. This is why I want to see the error produced when you run the program in terminal.

If this is the case, he can work his way around that by doing the following:

In terminal to run:
Code:
sudo gedit /usr/share/ntm/ntm.py

And in lines 35 and 38 put a '#' sign in front. So they become like this:

Code:
#i18n_lang = gettext.translation(i18n_APP_NAME, i18n_DIR)
#i18n_lang = gettext.translation(i18n_APP_NAME, i18n_DIR, languages=['it'], fallback = True)  # test
#global _
#= i18n_lang.gettext

Save exit and try to run the program again.

Otherwise, as I said, we need to see the error produced when running the application in terminal.

madvinegar

Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:54:47 pm

Are you using wifi??? Go to the preferences window and change the interface to “wlan0″ instead of ppp0.

If it does not work, post back here the result of the command:

ifconfig -a