This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Missing dock icons

mcman

Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:23:05 am

Running OS 9 on an eMachines 627 laptop. Dock icons are missing except for the En symbol. I can get them back by going into Dock, changing location to top, then back to bottom, and they reappear. Also, not consistent, they show on bottom once in a while. Ideas? I've searched both here and on Google and don't see a solution.

TIA

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:59:30 pm

Hi, when you boot and see the GRUB menu, click on 'Tab' key or press 'E' for edit and add:

Code:
acpi=off nomodeset

and see if it helps. :D

marx404

Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:28:34 pm

This sounds similar to the problem I was having with AWN. I basically had to reinstall it and problem solved.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8217

mcman

Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:23:48 pm

Thanks guys, but no go with either suggestion. This may or may not trigger something but worth a shot. I've had to update drivers with previous versions of Zorin, and it always detects an update for the ATI Radeon HD 3200 which the eMachines 627 uses. Not so with OS 9. Think this might have a bearing?

Swarfendor437

Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:26:12 pm

Not sure, you could always install 'Docky' and see how that goes? :D

mcman

Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:02:59 pm

Thanks, installed last week and tried it, didn't seem to make much difference, but will give it another try.... Not that big of an issue, but more curious than anything on what is causing it.

Will keep you all posted if I get to the bottom of it. :D

Swarfendor437 wrote:Not sure, you could always install 'Docky' and see how that goes? :D

mcman

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:28:02 pm

Reinstalled, no change... Still happy with Zorin, been using it since 6.0, so sent a donation today. Like I said minor annoyance, everything else is a charm :!: :D