This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Not enough free disk space for update.

zedzeronone

Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:18:10 am

Hello,

I seem to have run into a bit of a problem on my dual boot dual hard drive installation of Zorin OS 9 Ultimate. I am running Zorin on a smaller hard drive and Windows 7 home premium on another much larger drive. The drive containing Zorin is around 120 GB. When promted to update the other day I get a message saying "Not enough free disk space : The upgrade needs a total of 81.0 M free space on disk '/boot'. Please free at least an additional 21.1 M of disk space on '/boot'. Empty your trash and remove temporary packages of former installations using 'sudo apt-get clean'. " I cannot rezise the /boot partition, as the option is "greyed out" when I try to make changes via Gparted. That partition is using the ext2 file system type. It's overall size is very small as well, it only has 243.00 MiB in total, with 173.72 MiB used and only 69.28 MiB Unused. There is another extended partion as the next entry on this Hard Drive which has an overall size of 111.55 GiB. On that particular partition there is no entry for what amount of data is used or unused...just a series of --- --- (dashes) under each entry. Lastly, there is another lvm2 pv partition which is labeled "zorin-os-vg" as its mount point in Gparted. The size of the partition is labeled as 115.55 GiB, and it is labeled as 115.55 used in the amount of space used category. Under the unused entry, it is showing 0.00 lvm. I am not sure exactly what to do, as the only partition I can edit Is the last partition (lvm2 pv). Thanks for any help in advance. I tried to be as acurate as possible. If screenshots would be helpful, I will post them if requested.Thanks. :)

Swarfendor437

Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:18:48 pm

Personally, (unless someone can advise differently) I would start over - there really is no need for a /boot partition. I would use Easy BCD 2.2 to keep your Windows bootloader intact (that said I am having Windows 7 issues at the moment but not necessarily connected - I think I was the maker of my own issues by using Easy BCD to edit the bootloader entries!)