This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Software and Updates / Updates checkboxes wont select

marx404

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:29:04 pm

When I go into Software and Updates settings / Updates tab,
the Install Updates check boxes are all unchecked. When I click on one, like Important Security Updates, I am prompted for my password.
I enter it, but then when I check a check box, the check appears in the box and does not remain, leaving the check box unchecked.
What gives, does another setting over ride these settings? And what exactly does the Revert button revert back to?
Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:28:58 am

Hi, I believe this has been an issue since Zorin 6 - I have used other distributions and not had the same issues (e.g., Netrunner14 and LXLE 14.04) - I do believe though that security updates and Zorin updates still get pulled down when they are needed. However if you wish the Firewall to be active you need to turn this to 'ON' as it is off by default! As to the 'Revert' button, I suspect this would change the settings to their default mode - not a good idea as it MAY turn 'check for latest Ubuntu releases' ... which would break Zorin! ;)

marx404

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:51:03 pm

Well then my next question should be: How do I know if these check boxes are actually toggled ON of OFF?

Swarfendor437

Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:14:08 pm

Hi, a good question - I would PM AZorin or zorink - and see what they give you as an answer - and please share with the rest of us! ;)

marx404

Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:58:39 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, a good question - I would PM AZorin or zorink - and see what they give you as an answer - and please share with the rest of us! ;)

I assume they are members here, will do.

Swarfendor437

Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:30:11 pm

Yes, they are 'Admins' they are the brothers Zorin - the people who brought you Zorin! :D

marx404

Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:26:43 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, a good question - I would PM AZorin or zorink - and see what they give you as an answer - and please share with the rest of us! ;)

I PM them both yesterday. Will share answers when I get them. :geek: