This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Creating a launcher for a Wine program

jeffneedle

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:38:40 am

Hi. Using Zorin 9.0 on a Linux box. I have a Wine app that I want to link to in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. Right-clicking on the icon when I have the app open doesn't give me an option to pin it to the taskbar. I create a custom launcher using the link as it appears in the desktop icon under Properties doesn't get me there, either.

Is there some way to do this? And is there some way for me to link a certain icon to the taskbar to represent the app?

Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:39:18 am

Hi, Another forum member has asked the same question - having looked at other Desktop Environments, such as MATE which you can install to Zorin, it is possible to pin Wine icons to the top panel in MATE - BUT only if they appear in 'Programs' - Wine comes with a version of Internet Explorer, it does not appear in 'Programs' and cannot be 'pinned' - 'Notepad' is the only application that comes with 'Wine' and has an entry under 'Programs' so it can be pinned - I have not worked out how to make an entry in 'Programs' - might be worth looking at https://www.winehq.org/ to see if there are any pointers. ;)

jeffneedle

Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:20:03 pm

Thanks. I'll poke around and see if I can figure something out.