This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Printer problems(Canon LBP 3010)

megamagition

Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:57:49 am

The printer isn't recognized by Zorin OS, when I print via libreoffice it's just marked as "generic" and my printer doesn't respond after I press print in libreoffice.

This is even weirder considering my printer is in the official supported canon ubuntu printer list here.

I've tried turboprint, and my printer isn't even in the canon printer list.

Any help would be appreciated to get the printer working, thanks.

Swarfendor437

Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:05:21 pm

Hi, You need to go to the Canon Asia site for the driver here:

http://search-asia.canon-asia.com/canon ... DS%09Linux

Please make sure your printer is attached before commencing the following sequence:

After you have downloaded the .tar.gz file - right-click and extract it 'to here' i.e., your downloads folder:

Screenshot Extract Here.jpg

Then open the extracted folder and if you are running 32-bit Zorin, open the 32-bit folder - conversely, if running Zorin 64-bit open the 64-bit folder:

Screenshot 32 and 64 bit.jpg

Then open the 'Debian folder'

Screenshot Debian.jpg

Then right-click the righ-hand package and install this first (dependencies needed for the other, driver package) with 'Gdebi Package Installer':

Screenshot install with gdebi.jpg

- if you don't have this (Gdebi Package Installer) just open a terminal and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get install gdebi

Then repeat the process with the 'CAPT' package.

Then to install the printer, open a terminal (or if still open from earlier:

Code:
sudo system-config-printer

The 'add printer' interface will show up - click on 'Add' and you should see something like this:

Screenshot Capt Printer.jpg

Now clearly, I am only getting ccp in this last screenshot because I don't have said printer attached! Keep us posted! :D

megamagition

Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:39:51 pm

I've done the steps as you've said, but I still get ccp when I press on capt printer. But I do get canon in devices list so I chose that and went through the set-up choosing recommended drivers from database etc. When trying to print test page I get this error in the terminal:

Code:
/usr/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer.py:2067: Warning: Source ID 845 was not found when attempting to remove it
  GLib.source_remove (self.populateList_timer)
/usr/share/system-config-printer/monitor.py:757: Warning: Source ID 896 was not found when attempting to remove it
  GLib.source_remove (self.update_timer)

In the GUI device state it says : "Processing - USB Status-Communication Error!"

Swarfendor437

Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:25:50 pm

I did not find this first time around - this (hopefully!) should get you sorted - please scroll down to the bit that helps!

http://askubuntu.com/questions/463289/c ... untu-14-04