This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

some questions

Orophine

Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:06:45 pm

Hi. i have a acer720 chromebook and i want to play and run some exe files that can not be run on the chrome os. i wanted to know if i can run it next to chrome os and if so how do i do it. if i can run only zorin and have it replace chrome os that is fine two my only question would be if i so chose could i get my chrome os back? i know that this is not yourthing but as far as i can tell there is know other way to find someone that can help i cant find a video or a blog or anything like that that tells me how to do it. i did look at your help on installing and i dont have a disk reader on my chromebook. if you can help that would be much apreashyated i do know a few things about computers so if that is needed to install thats fine,
thanks

Swarfendor437

Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:03:29 pm

Got it as my first result in DuckDuckGo! :D

http://www.howtogeek.com/162120/how-to- ... h-crouton/

Orophine

Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:51:27 pm

awesome that helps allot!!
Thanks!

i have one other question. how would i run zorin i know that i can get basic lynix that way but i was hoping for zorin os is there a way to do that or do i just have to use lynix?

Swarfendor437

Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:36:00 pm

Hi, Zorin is based on Ubuntu - hence why I posted that Link! ;)

Orophine

Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:33:40 pm

I know that but does that mean that I can just download zorin on my chromebook and run the setup and it will work?

Swarfendor437

Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:27:08 pm

Hi, no it won't - you need 'Crouton':

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8286&hilit=+crouton#p40168

Swarfendor437

Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:42:41 pm

Orophine wrote:I know that but does that mean that I can just download zorin on my chromebook and run the setup and it will work?

Did you read that tutorial? :roll: