This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Encryption for Zorin OS 9

Raindots

Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:44:23 pm

Greetings. I am looking for a encryption software that I can use to encrypt some data. I am looking for an easy to use, graphical interface, program that will work. Should you not know this already, Truecrypt is no longer safe for use.

Anonymous

Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:49:00 pm

Go To > Zorin Menu > System Tools > Preferences > Disks
The Screenshot below explains the rest.

Raindots

Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:09:37 pm

Greetings. Thank you for helping me with this. I am currently encrypting a 4.0GB flash drive and overwriting it with 0's. About how long should this take?

Anonymous

Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:28:00 pm

You tell me....I can't see what you are doing [ progress ] !!!!
Thanks for thinking I'm that good !!!! :lol: :lol:

Octavio211

Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:07:48 pm

Hello, I am a Windows 7 user, I use Truecrypt.... ¿this encryption system in Zorin Os (the system posted in the top for Gizmuntu) is very strong and what bits? ¿what level of encryption is applicable in the OS? (¿encrypt in AES, etc.?)

¿Is possible encript the OS, similar to Truecrypt?

Thank you!

(Sorry for my rare level of english, I am from Argentina, lol )

Octavio211

Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:59:13 pm

Hello everyone!

I found a very similar program for Linux and Truecrypt is 300 times stronger and more resilient. It's called Veracrypt, so they are already warned. xD

It works in graphic form, which is excellent because for less experienced like me, use commands must be used with great responsibility, a symbol error and goodbye, trouble comes.

Greetings to all!