This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 9 vs 9.1 + Ultimate worth buying

Jamesst20

Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:53:50 am

Hi,

I was wondering, is it worth buying Zorin 9 because I will need to buy again once Zorin 10 is out. By that I mean, will Zorin be out soon or in a very long while?

Also, I say there was a Zorin Core 9.1. What is the difference between 9.0?

Is the Zorin Ultimate version 9.1 or 9.0 currently?

Thanks

SplatOz

Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:34:55 pm

You can buy Zorin 9 Ultimate which has some extra bells & whistles and is supported until 2019 OR download the free version which runs perfectly fine. To me, the cost for the Ultimate version is negligible (far less than what you'd pay for a Windows product). It's up to you if you want/need those extra features.

Personally, I don't need to have all the bells & whistles nor do I need the latest & greatest features that would require me to upgrade every year or so - I want a stable release that's going to be supported for several years.

I've only seen articles that have Zorin 9.1 in the title but only reference 9.0 so I'm not sure what Zorin 9.1 is or if it really is out (yet).

Swarfendor437

Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:26:15 pm

Hi, and welcome to the Zorin forum! :D

Having looked at the files available at sourceforge.net, only 64-bit version is available as 9.1 - basically, 9.0 plus the 200 extra Mb that get downloaded during install of 9.0!!!

I agree with everything else that SplatOz has said. :D

SteveD

Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:39:26 am

To be honest I bought Ultimate for two reasons. The first being that my internet connection is a bit flaky and I wanted the DVD to make life easier (that didn't work too well but that is another story) and the second was to support the developement of future releases. Free is good but everyone needs to eat :)