This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Not able to watch Youtube video's with Zorin 9 Core

Dude

Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:23:34 pm

I'm sorry if this has been posted already, but I'm getting a headache from looking for this. :o

I love listening and watch music video's on Youtube, so I got there and none of them play. I see the pictures, but where the video is to play, it's a blank spot, and no sound or anything. I can watch them with Windows Vista, but I'd really rather use Zorin for web browsing and emails. I checked my drivers and they're all updated, at least in Windows. :roll:

What I was wondering is, is there anything I need to download to watch these video's?

Thank you for your support

Swarfendor437

Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:05:46 pm

Hi, have you got the latest Firefox installed? (32.0) with the following available?

17.jpg

I don't have this but it might help?

18.jpg

And I have it playing here:

39.jpg

I am using Ultimate but it should not make a difference - wait to be corrected by 9 core users! ;)

Dude

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:52:19 pm

I have no idea what I'm doing I guess. I have all the same add-ons except for the Gnome Shell Integration. I couldn't find that to download.

I also downloaded some extensions:
Media Player for YouTube 0.2.9
YouTube High Definition 32.0
and YouTube Unblocker 0.5.4

and I still can't get YouTube to work for me. I closed FireFox and restarted it, and nothing. I also restarted the computer and nothing. I do have FireFox 32.0, and I checked to make sure the add-ons are up to date as well.

Got any idea as to what I'm doing wrong?

Swarfendor437

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:43:37 am

Hi, nothing wrong at all Dude - you did say the issue was with Core - I left the machine downloading last night so I will take a look in live mode tonight - my Ultimate has Adobe Flash configurator (not present in 64-bit if I am correct). You won't have Gnome Shell integration because I added Gnome DE after install (as well as Cairo-Dock DE). Having looked at my screenshot I appear to only have Shockwave Flash enabled.