This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Duplicated Menu.

Knowguy

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:50:26 pm

For some reason on Zorin OS 3.1 everytime I install or remove a program either, manually through purging or through the software center, the main menu (gnomenu I guess) gets completely duplicated and goofy... screen shot attached.

Knowguy

Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:51:38 pm

sorry the screen capture also caught the exit animation but you get the point... it also happens on Zorin OS 5 on my HP Compaq nc6320 laptop.

VanR

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:07:51 pm

Yes this has done that in Zorin OS 4 and 5. You just have to log out and back in and it will clear that up. Haven't ever seen a fix for it.

Wolfman

Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:52:58 am

Hi Knowguy,

restart your PC and select "recovery mode", once it starts; go to dpkg and press enter, wait and if asked to say yes, do so, (press "y") let it do its thing and then you will be taken back to the main recovery menu, just do Crtl + Alt+ Del and restart your PC and see if the problem still persists.

Regards Wolfman :D

Knowguy

Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:54:35 pm

The problem is not that it doesn't go away after restarting (it does) the problem is that it does it at all...

killeriq

Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:53:17 pm

swarfendor437 wrote:I did read somewhere else that 'Revert' does work - it tends to occur (duplication) after the installation of a new package. To get rid of it just right click the Zorin button/bar and select 'Edit' then on the bottom right of the interface that opens, click on the 'Revert' button. You will be asked to reload - problem solved.

hmm issue persist even on 5.2 version :( no proper fix on the way?

killeriq

Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:50:13 am

yeah..well lets see ;) thx for info

Wolfman

Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:01:51 pm

Hi Knowguy,

have you all current updates on your PC?, additional hardware drivers??.

Regards Wolfman :D