This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Problems with Browsers

phelgan

Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:43:30 pm

Hi all,

I'd been experiencing some problems with stability, particularly with Firefox. Didn't address it much at first as was about to make the switch from OS 6 to OS 9. Now I've made the switch and everything is better....except Firefox.....!

Installed Opera and it is experiencing the same stability issues. A lot of the time Facebook has been open in a tab, but I wouldn't swear to it being always present (I've used it a lot more recenty than normal).

Has anyone else experienced any stability issues with browsers?

Cheers,

Phil

Swarfendor437

Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:57:53 am

Hi, not having an issue with Browsers as such but you may have some issues with Opera 12.16 - the only issue I have been having is the same issue I had with earlier incarnations of Zorin and on different machines of the screen going dim (active window) as though life being sucked out of the machine! ;)

phelgan

Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:25:32 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, not having an issue with Browsers as such but you may have some issues with Opera 12.16 - the only issue I have been having is the same issue I had with earlier incarnations of Zorin and on different machines of the screen going dim (active window) as though life being sucked out of the machine! ;)

Not quite like that!
Installed opera to see if it was a FF specific issue. Apparently not though..... :(

Swarfendor437

Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:42:45 am

Have you tried changing your software sources to 'Main Server' and run a full update from terminal?

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

alecxander

Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:37:44 am

Hey guys not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. Love Zorin 9 and would like to use it as main but all my face book games are choppy even on chrome. Any suggestions on making this better and what would you use to be able to run android along side of this something similar to bluestacks. Thanks in advance.

Swarfendor437

Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:01:16 pm

alecxander wrote:Hey guys not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. Love Zorin 9 and would like to use it as main but all my face book games are choppy even on chrome. Any suggestions on making this better and what would you use to be able to run android along side of this something similar to bluestacks. Thanks in advance.

Please start a new thread of your own - don' hijack threads unless you are having the exact same issue or you have a solution. ;) :D
You won't get a response until you do - and don't forget to delete your original post here! ;)