This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED]Custom colors not working in Customize Look and Feel

firegodjr

Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:53:56 pm

Okay, so I have an epic custom theme that I'm working on, the colors being mainly #383838 gray and #ff0000 red. I even made a custom Zorin Menu icon.
zorin-logo-red.png
My red Zorin logo.
zorin-logo-red.png (368 Bytes)
I made the window border theme my custom one, then used Zorin Black for the window widget and changed the 'Selected Items' background color to #ff0000. For some reason, although it shows the new colors in the preview pane, this doesn't seem to work. When I hit apply nothing changes. When I go back into the 'Customize look and feel' menu, the preview pane shows the original blue color, regardless of the fact that the custom color scheme is still active, and that the 'Selected Items' background is still red. Has anyone had this problem, and does anyone know what might be the problem?

Swarfendor437

Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:12:55 pm

Hi, try installing 'gnome-color-chooser':

1. Open a terminal (Ctrl+ Alt+ T) and enter:

Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome-color-chooser

This should end up in System Tools - possibly under Preferences - you can also use this to widen the scroll-bars! ;)

firegodjr

Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:11:30 pm

Thanks! I'll try that right away! :D

firegodjr

Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:44:29 pm

Hmmm. So, my netbook screen is too small to hold the entire window, and I can't resize it. Any advice other than hooking it up to another screen?

firegodjr

Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:20:52 pm

Nevermind. I found that rightclicking the top bar, clicking move, then moving it worked better than just grabbing the top bar itself. I declare my problem fixed.

Swarfendor437

Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:36:22 am

Great! Glad to hear you got sorted! Will mark as [SOLVED]! :D