This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Online Accounts and Keyring uses?

marx404

Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:19:30 am

Ok, so I kinda have the idea down what the Keyring is supposed to do, not so much what Online Accounts (in System Settings) actually is supposed to do.

Maybe someone can explain to me how I would actually use these features on a daily basis? Also, the forum help info I find on Keyring is rather old, that setting is no longer in System Settings, how to I set or change the keyring? So far, heres what I have done: (ok, these are multiple issues, but I feel all related in one way or another).

Entered info information into the Online Accounts for Google, ok, now what? Where and how does this actually work?
Then I installed Mail Applet in AWN, set it up for GMail notifications. When I boot up and Mail Applet launches, Keyring pops up. Ok, enter password. Yaay, Mail Applet successfully checks GMail. But then when I go to Gmail.com in Google Chrome browser, I am prompted for my Gmail password?
Wouldnt Online Accounts or the Keyring store my Gmail password?

Thanks.
marx404

marx404

Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:16:34 am

nobody?

Swarfendor437

Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:45:14 am

Hi, I have been looking into this but not got an appropriate answer in my search and awaiting to install a new hard drive as my Win7/Zorin 9 drive is on its way out! ;)

marx404

Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:04:07 am

I guess by the lack of response, others are most likely wondering the same questions. I just want to learn how to use this tool and all of the benefits.

Swarfendor437

Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:35:59 am

My main box not up and running as I want yet (issues with cloning failed hard drive and UUID issues):

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/pre ... mon.8.html