This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

encrypted wifi issues

rbees

Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:49:19 pm

Some time ago I install Zorin 8, I know it should be update to 9, on a T60 Thinkpad and gave it to a friend. The T60 connects to my unsecured wifi just fine but we have not been able to get it to connect to her secured network. The install is the default and no hacking has been done to it. Yet.

The wifi driver is iwl3945

I have not tried the user password first. Never saw a system do that before. I am a long time Debian user, currently using Jessie (testing)

I thought maybe the T60 may be missing some packages for the encryption. I have just updated it. My friend is not very computer savy and was/is a windows user. I am hoping to convert her. ;) But before I take it back to her house to test it on her wifi I thought I would ask if you knew something specific I should know.

Swarfendor437

Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:45:41 am

Try downloading the 'unofficial manual' I started - only in .odt format I'm afraid - my pdf uploaded previously had a bug in it (pages missing) presumably due to compression used. Instructions on connecting to secure network are included there:

download/file.php?id=3422

rbees

Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:11:51 am

seams that something in the updates fixed it. It connected right up when I took it back.