This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] Graphics and WINE issues

yekimttom

Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:15:01 am

Hello all,

I hope everyone is having a great evening. I wish I could say the same but sorry to say I am not due to issues with my graphics, and it is not White or black out. So let me start with getting the requested information out of the way.

Asus G60Vx Laptop
Ram= 4 Gigs
Zorin 9 Ultimate
500 gig hdd No Partitions
Nvidia GTX 260M ( I am currently running Driver 304.17)

Ok to the problem I am having. So for aside from the pre-installed games I am can not run my games anymore. I am running in Wine. So for example Tomb Raider will load and I can start the game but as soon as I try and move the game locks up. Please note that this is with the graphics set as low as you can. I can run Metro Last Light on the lowest settings but it is a bit choppy, but playable. Before when I was running Windows 7 I could run both of these games. Both games would run on medium settings. I have lots of high end games that I like to play. Please point me in the right direction to solve this problem. I really do not want to go back to Windows and I despise Apple anything. I am new to Linux but learn really fast. So you don't have to dumb it all the way down.

Thank you for your time and understanding.
Mike

yekimttom

Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:54:48 am

Ok a little update for those of you out there that might be having trouble getting games like Tomb Raider 2013 to play. Here is what I found. The problem is not wine but rather the Steam overlay.
If you launch Steam and click on the "Settings" button. Click on the "In-Game Settings" tab. Uncheck the box next to "Enable Steam Community In-Game" and click OK. Fully Restart Steam. I did this and it Tomb Raider now works. Now to figure out why Dosbox keeps crashing on the original Tomb Raider Games.

I wish I could take credit for figuring it out but I can't I stumbled across it in Play on Linux forums. I figured I would copy and paste the fix instead of linking it seems easier that sending you to a different link to read the same thing.