This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Need EQ (or the case of the nasty neighbor)

marx404

Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:33:02 pm

Sorry about the title, but I have an old set of Altec Lansing ACS33 2.1 speakers that I LOVE. What I don't love is that the sub woofer puts out way too much bass. (these are known for that) Even at the lowest volumes, the bass tends to resonate through the walls and annoy my elderly neighbor. As a consequence, I have to listen wioth headphones all the tie or endure some old pissed-off fart knocking at my door every night.

I love my music, dont want different speakers, love these, but before I end up accosting my neighbor (just kidding) I need some solution. I have tried every software I can find but nothing lowers the bass. Any suggestions?

Swarfendor437

Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:38:53 pm

Have you tried installing Clementine then go to Tools | Equalizer and enable eqalizer and make changes there?:

20.jpg

Failing that, the standard solution for noise reduction was to place very thick cork tiles on the dividing wall between you and your neighbour - or move your kit to a room at the opposite end of the house? Latter cheapest solution but may not be practical for a whole host of reasons! Think outside the bass box! :D

marx404

Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:06:06 pm

You are awesome! Thank you.

Swarfendor437

Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:18:18 pm

No worries - glad I helped - will mark as [SOLVED]! :D

Before Amarok users start shouting at me, you could also use that:

55.jpg

[Clementine is based on Amarok! :D ]