This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Customize Look and Feel???

jeffneedle

Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:04:01 am

Hi. Using Zorin OS 9. I can't find "Customize Look and Feel" in any of the menus. Can someone tell me where it is? Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:44:35 am

System Tools | Preferences - Advanced Preferences - been a while since I looked!

You can also:

1. Install gnome tweak-tool from a terminal (Ctrl+ Alt+ T):

Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome tweak-tool

2. Change the way your panel looks:

right-click panel and select preferences, go to last tab and change the box settings to get a gradation effect on your panel by choosing the colours of your choice.

3. Install Ubuntu-tweak from the official site:

http://ubuntu-tweak.com/

4. Install 'gnome-color-chooser':

Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome-color-chooser

5. Install 'Gtk.Ch' (change themes):

Menu | System Tools | Administration | Synaptic Package Manager

Search for Gtk theme changer.

6. Search for Gizmuntu's uploads on this forum for differently coloured Win7 Menus and AWN panels. :D

7. Play around with Compiz Settings - you can change the Top and Bottom of the cube with wallpapers of your choice if you wish! ;)

jeffneedle

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:27:48 pm

Sigh.

1. gnome tweak-tool is not in the repositories. Yes, I've updated the repository lists. No luck.

2. Advanced Preferences does not appear in the menu.

3. Brainstorm -- search for a ppa for ubuntu-tweak. Found it! Added it, updated. It doesn't appear on any of the Zorin menus -- sigh -- but can be called from terminal. Applied theme changes, now everything looks fine.

Thanks so much.

Swarfendor437

Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:49:33 am

Apologies :oops: should have mentioned about the issue with ubuntu tweak - when you do launch you can then pin to the panel! ;)

jeffneedle

Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:45:59 am

Thanks. Got it working.