This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

No title bars; Compiz "Decorate Windows" is ON

jah

Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32:29 pm

Hey all,

Just got Zorin, liking it quite a bit. Unfortunately I've got a problem with the window server I guess; there are no title bars (so I can't drag and move windows around or close them easily) on any window shown.

Now, I did indeed Google this and found that there is an option under Compiz to tell it to decorate windows (I think; doing this from memory right now). That was already ON. I know lots of people have that problem and that's why, but in this case that was already on. Tried unchecking it, reboot, check it, reboot, and still no title bars.

Anyone have any ideas here? Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:46:43 am

Hi, Install ubuntu tweak from ubuntu-tweak.com

Once installed you may have to run from terminal:

Code:
ubuntu-tweak

After launch be sure to right-click icon on Panel and keep as 'launcher' as it will not appear in any menu.

Once launched, go to 'Tweak' Tab - then select 'Themes' - make sure 'Zorin OS' is selected - this should get your min/max/close back! :D

reylo

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:57:39 pm

Not sure if should post this here, but i thought it would be easier to not clutter the forum just for a question.
I'm using Zorin 9 LITE 32 bit, installed compiz and ubuntu-tweak, but everytime i type compiz --replace in terminal it replaces it but the taskbar is stuck. Can't click on anything on it. If i right click it it gives the menu from the desktop, so it's like i don't have the taskbar anymore. This goes on for a long time, 5 minutes more or less and then it works.
Noticed something else though. When i press ctrl+alt+del to open the system manager, the terminal from where i replaced compiz says:

"** (gnome-system-monitor:3321): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist
"