This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

What Are The Keyboard Shortcuts One Can Use?

MinorKey

Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:33:32 am

Hello,
I have installed the latest version of Zorin on my notebook without any problems, but I have a question. What are the keyboard shortcuts I can use when running Zorin? I am almost completely blind and thus I rely entirely on them when working on PCs. At the moment I can only move around on the desktop, use the orca commands and start a Terminal window using CTRL+Alt+T. From testing I know that F10 on a desktop item Works too, but what else? I have tested both the keyboard shortcuts for the Unity Desktop and those for the Gnome Desktop, but none of them work, because from what I have read, Zorin's desktop is based on a different application.
Thank you for your help.

gvhools

Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:47:24 pm

MinorKey

Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:03:58 am

gvhools wrote:Hi,

for zorin core please check:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KeyboardShortcuts

Thanks for the response, but that's just it. I tried all the keyboard shortcuts listed on that site, but don't seem to do anything. Could it be because I have the ultimate edition? On the other hand, if you say that those shortcuts work in Zorin Core, does it mean that the Core version uses the Unity Desktop found in standard Ubuntu distros?

MinorKey

Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:11:02 pm

Nope...
I have tried out the core edition and still nothing. It has to have something to do with Zorin, however, because Ubuntu Desktop 10.04 LTS worked just fine.
Any further suggestions?

gvhools

Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:15:17 pm

hi,

maybe its better to create your own keyboard shortcuts,please check this post:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/331626/h ... -shortcuts

Anonymous

Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:11:56 pm

MinorKey > Since your new to the forum...this is a friendly reminder.
No double posting per question/problem.
Make sure to post the topic in the right section on the forum.

MinorKey

Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:39:33 am

Gizmuntu wrote:MinorKey > Since your new to the forum...this is a friendly reminder.
No double posting per question/problem.
Make sure to post the topic in the right section on the forum.

Yeah, sorry for that
, somehow I thought it did not get posted the first time.