This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Noob here. ?s re scroll bars and font color in fields

Longstreet

Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:41:51 am

Howdy all. I've been playing in Linus' sandbox for a while now, and having grown bored with Mint KDE came to Zorin on the recommendation of one of my sons. Really liking what I see so far, a nice mix of the familiar and the new. Even on my lightweight netbook, this thing is impressively smooth, and looks great.

As mentioned in the subject line, a couple of questions:
1. Is there a way to increase the width of the scroll bar? I've installed Gnome Tweak Tool, and can install whole themes that will do that, but I really like Win 7 and Zorin Blue. I don't want wholesale change, just wider scroll bars.
2. I've noticed that sometimes on text fields I'll get light gray text on a white background, making it next to impossible to read. Found the Ctrl A workaround, but I'm wondering if there's a better way.

In my reading re these questions and others, I've been looking through Wolfman's Zorin 6 & 8 Post Install Guide, and it's interesting. How much of it is applicable to Zorin 9?

Swarfendor437

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:54:21 pm

Longstreet

Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:13:57 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:http://zoringroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7012&hilit=+scroll+bars#p33188

:D

That worked great for the scroll bars. Thanks!

Swarfendor437

Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:32:08 pm

With regards to the light grey issue this will be down to what Themes are in use - experiment with Gtk Ch (Change GTK theme - just enter in search box in Synaptic Package Manager)

As for Post install guide - pretty much! :D