This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Dual Monitor not detected

zio

Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:39:31 pm

I have a Sony viao vgn sz240p laptop that I sometimes use with a docking station. This laptop has Zorin 9 on it and it runs perfectly. I would like to add a second old micronpc.com 900Mx monitor to take advantage of the larger screen size. When I plug in the monitor to the docking station its screen goes blank. Is there a setting change that I can use to detect the second monitor?

Swarfendor437

Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:05:21 pm

Menu | System Tools | System Settings - 'Screen Display' then press 'Detect Displays' button - have you also checkd the Fn+ combination keys - Fn is usually a different colour to the rest of the keyboard with a monitor like display on something like the F5 button?

zio

Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:08:11 pm

Yes, I have tried clicking on the Detect Display. Nothing happens. I checked into the Fn key combination and found that Fn+F7 should switch monitors. Again, nothing happened. Please help if you can. Any suggestions would be welcome.

zio

Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:59:28 pm

Any other suggestions? It seems to me that I should be able to resolve this issue.

Swarfendor437

Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:02:10 pm

Having difficulties finding similar issues to yours but see if the advice on this issue helps in your case:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/552107/m ... -come-back

zio

Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:36:10 pm

Swarfendor,
Thanks for trying. Unfortunately, it did not work.