This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How may I speed up the Zorin mouse?

JonBailey64

Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:26:56 am

Hello, from California in America!

I have just installed Zorin OS 9 Lite LDXE on an older PC. It works pretty well so far except for the mouse pointer.

Even with the mouse set at 100 for both sensitivity and acceleration, the pointer still moves too slow for me.

This is actually physical mouse movement on the pad vs pointer movement on the screen.

I think in Linuxese this is known as mouse resolution and this can be tweaked in the command line somehow.

What is the easiest solution to get even a faster mouse (more pointer distance traveled per physical mouse distance traveled on the mouse pad)?

I want my pointer to travel the full height or width of the screen with 1/2" mouse movement or less as I am able to do in Windows 7.

I like to move my mouse with just my ring finger and thumb and the heel of my hand planted on the pad.

Anonymous

Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:48:22 am

I don't have the [ Lite ] version handy.

The [ screenshot ] below will give you a clue.

Look in [ Mouse & Touchpad ] area !!!!

Similar to the [ Windows ] [ Mouse Settings ]

If that doesn't help ya anymore than you already know.

Wait on [ Swarfendor or Madvinegar ] to help you in that area !!!! :D :D

JonBailey64

Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:55:37 am

I seem to have the solution found here via my friend, Yahoo!.
http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/mouse.htm

The shell command is:

xset m x y

whereby x and y are two number values.... the larger x is in proportion to y, the faster the mouse pointer accelerates

I used the command

xset m 20 2

and this makes the mouse no faster than

xset m 10 2

I can get my pointer to traverse the screen in as little as about 3/4" of mouse travel on the pad.

I can now move my pointer over the entire screen with the heel of my hand planted.

Swarfendor437

Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:14:38 pm

Hi Jon, can this thread be marked as [SOLVED] now! :D