This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Cant boot back into windows XP from Zorin core9

dandy888

Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:45:02 pm

This is a dual drive system. Winxp is on my 120 gig primary drive and zorin is located on a 500 gig drive on the secondary. Been working great for months. The problem began with 2 quick successive power outages while working in windows. Windows wont start in any mode and boots back to zorin. I need Win Xp for older Audio hardware and software or I would just use linux. Disconnecting the secondary drive and booting the primary I just get a grub message that the drive is not found. It does show up in Zorin itself though. Not being familar with Grub Im unsure how to fix the problem.
If and when I have to re install Xp, is there a way to just boot either drive using bios without the grub being installed on Windows?
Thanks!

Swarfendor437

Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:30:46 pm

Hi the best way to dual boot is this (it should also work for XP - but I hope you never have it connected to the Internet!):

http://vimeo.com/110085401 :D

I suspect your windows install/HDD has got corrupted with those power outages - would advise you get an anti-power surge extension lead to prevent further occurrences. ;)