This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How to install extra themes for the look changer?

dat_sylveon

Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:16:17 pm

I recently decided that my current installation of Zorin is just as buggy as Windows ME, with several errornous packages that gave error warnings continously, and spammy "Zorin has experienced an error" messages, and other things. I already knew that Zorin 9 was out for a while so I decided to get out of my own way and install it. Apparently there was a lite version that I overlooked when downloading Zorin 8, and I downloaded the lite version for some extra speed in the new OS. But apparently you can only have Mac OS and Windows 2000 themes with Lite.

...uh?

Look, I don't think anyone still wants their PC to resemble Windows 2000. Mac OS, no problem, but Win2000? Nah. I want to have my Win7 theme on my new Z9 installation that I also have on Z8, but I can't seem to find a way to do that. Is that even possible, and if yes, how do I do it?

Swarfendor437

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:40:04 pm

Hi, I haven't tried this so you would have to see if you can break Zorin Lite by seeing if you can add the Gnome DE - then add Cairo-Dock, then install GnoMenu and add the GnoMenu add-on to Cairo-Dock:

http://vimeo.com/85105549

This modded DE was on Ultimate, not Lite.