This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED] iphone lockdown error

zio

Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:21:51 pm

Today, Thanksgiving, I connected my iphone to my computer to download some photos and I received the following message:
Unable to mount iphone
Unhandled lockdown error (-3)

I recently updated the software on the iphone to version 8.1.1.
It would be terrible if I can no longer download my photos.
Please help.

Swarfendor437

Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:02:45 pm

Hi, this is an Apple issue - they are continually trying to lock you in to their DRM hardware - that is outside of our control! :(

Linx

Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:07:52 pm

I have seen this issue with an android device one time, When I connected a USB 2.0 phone to a USB3.0 port. make sure you are connecting to a 2.0 port.

Hope this helps!

zio

Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:45:16 am

How do I know which USB ports are 2.0 or 3.0

Swarfendor437

Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:01:35 pm

USB 3 have blue tabs in them, USB 2 are black. I still think that your hIS update has caused the issue and Apple don't allow rollbacks to earlier releases.

zio

Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:58:15 pm

I think that I have all USB 2 ports. In any case it may be Apple -- not sure. This means that I will need to keep Windows XP on my PC since I can no longer download photos in Zorin and Itunes does not work very well in Wine. I was hoping to completely remove Windows from my PC since I really like Zorin 9 and have been using it as soon as it was available with little problems.

On second thought, I am not convinced that it is Apple. I was able to download photos in Zorin in October and even early November. Since Windows XP has not been updated to handle any changes in the new Iphone software, why can I download photos to my computer in Windows and not in Zorin? Perhaps it has nothing to do with Apple and there is a Zorin update that caused the problem.

zio

Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:55:16 pm

Previous post edited

Swarfendor437

Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:14:11 pm

Hi, I hate this where it is seen as a 'bug' in Ubuntu:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1385882

Just remember, Apple don't write stuff for any other platform! :evil:

SteveD

Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:12:45 am

zio wrote:This means that I will need to keep Windows XP on my PC since I can no longer download photos in Zorin and Itunes does not work very well in Wine. I was hoping to completely remove Windows from my PC since I really like Zorin 9 and have been using it as soon as it was available with little problems.

If that's all that's stopping you why not use Dropbox?

Swarfendor437

Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:52:59 pm

zio wrote:I think that I have all USB 2 ports. In any case it may be Apple -- not sure. This means that I will need to keep Windows XP on my PC since I can no longer download photos in Zorin and Itunes does not work very well in Wine. I was hoping to completely remove Windows from my PC since I really like Zorin 9 and have been using it as soon as it was available with little problems.

On second thought, I am not convinced that it is Apple. I was able to download photos in Zorin in October and even early November. Since Windows XP has not been updated to handle any changes in the new Iphone software, why can I download photos to my computer in Windows and not in Zorin? Perhaps it has nothing to do with Apple and there is a Zorin update that caused the problem.

Like I said before - it is logged as a 'bug' in Launchpad!!! Zorin is based on Ubuntu - hence that link!
And I still maintain that Apple does not want users to use anything other than Apple products - iTunes, Macs, whatever - it is still at the end of the day a DRM/IP/Copyright issue! :mrgreen:

zio

Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:37:02 pm

SteveD,

Your idea of dropbox made me realize that I could put my photos on icloud. From there on my PC I can easily download them. Thanks for the idea.

Swarfendor437

Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:04:30 pm

Whilst it has not been resolved, can we mark this thread as [RESOLVED]? (via DropBox suggestion) :D