This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED] Envelope applet How to add it to tray

gtobill

Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:13:07 pm

Hello, I used to have a small envelope icon on my tray to launch Thuderbird [it also had options for compose message and one or two other items]. For some reason or other it has vanished/been removed. I can still launch T-bird using its stamp like icon moved to the tray but I like the envelope one better. I haven't been able to restore it. Any sugestions on how to fix this?
Sorry if I'm not using correct terminolgy re Tray etc.

Its the app that looks like this: Image

Swarfendor437

Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:38:05 pm

gtobill

Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:02:00 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Does this solve the issue?:

http://ubuntuguide.net/how-to-get-back- ... onsapplets

:D

Hi, Thanks fro the reply. Just the simple and obvious solution I need but it isn't working : when I right click on an empty area of the tray nothing happens - i.e. the Add to Panel menu doesn't drop down. Is there another way [via terminal?] to access it?

Thanks again

Swarfendor437

Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:10:08 pm

Hi gtobill, can I just confirm that you are using Zorin Core with Gnome desktop using Zorin look changer? i.e., you did not install Gnome DE separately? :D

gtobill

Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:35:38 pm

Yes I have installed Zorin Core 9.0 with Look Changer. Indicator Applet Complete is 12.10.1

Swarfendor437

Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:21:33 pm

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - just backed up my AWN theme before changing to Gnome dekstop (No effects) and it looks like there is no mail applet but when I place my mouse on what looks like a blank part of the panel, mail shows up - have you tried changing the theme?:

40.jpg

11.jpg

gtobill

Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:29:57 am

Helloagain.Yes I have tried the look changer but no luck. Booted into Win7 and then restarted back to Zorin and used the Recovery mode but still no luck. As much as I would really like to find a solution to the problem I may just hit it with a big stick and reload Zorin

gtobill

Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:01:57 pm

I re-installed Zorin and all is well. Although I would have prefered to find a fix to this icon problem there were a couple of other problems popping up at the same time like the Min/Max/Close buttons on whatever windows I had open went missing and a problem in Thunderbird where I'd cursor over to a particular mail folder and the folder below would be selected insteadthus forcing me to arrow up to the one I wanted.Perhaps all these little annoyances were related? My system is pretty small and uncomplicated so 30 min to re-installworked fine. Thanks for all the help offered.

I guess this topic can be closed/marked solved but I can't find the button to do so.

Swarfendor437

Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:56:58 pm

You go back to your first post, click on 'Edit' then enter [SOLVED] in front of your Subject: - have done it for you this time! ;)