This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Problem with keyboard

Mikel_DC

Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:04:35 am

Hi all,

First of all, thanks for the great job you're doing.

I'm using a Spanish keyboard and installed the spanish languaje on the system. I have problems with it.
I'll explain: although the spanish mapping is selected, not always the mapping is working fine. The workaround I've found is to swith to English and then, to Spanish again. Doing this, the mapping works again.

I've seen this problem randomly, not always.

Is it a knonw bug? I haven found anything about it.

Regards,
Daniel.

Swarfendor437

Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:50:19 pm

Hi, have you enabled 'iBus'? this is normally for Far Eastern languages but it might help?

Have you checked out Wolfman's Zorin 6 post install guide regards to language settings? Nothing has changed much in 9 apart from the interface looking a bit different. :D

Mikel_DC

Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:46:51 am

Hi,

I have tryed it and still have the same problem.
In fact, I removed English from the system and only Spanish is installed. The problem is still present and the only way to solve it, is to select SPANISH again on the language bar.

Regards,
Daniel.

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:47:19 pm

Just to add before I post the link, always good to back up crucial data before messing with any system values:

http://www.muktware.com/2014/04/04/fix- ... ing/25164/

In particular, the writer of the article's last response - please be sure to read it in its entirety.

Have you checked Wolfman's guide on Language selection and followed it to the letter? :D

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7457&p=35797&hilit=language+settings#p35797

seneka77

Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:33:22 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Have you checked Wolfman's guide on Language selection and followed it to the letter? :D

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7457&p=35797&hilit=language+settings#p35797

Thanks, the guide works for me, though not the desired way to get it, so need to keep zorin with only one language, even on the Zorin 11 version.
Greetings!