This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

battery icon not in taskbar anymore

dendeze

Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:29:05 pm

Suddenly i have no more battery indication in the taskbar also the wifi indication is gone.
a second problem is that my settings from azerty keybord always turn back in qwerty.
:cry:

Swarfendor437

Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:50:00 pm

This could well be the indicator3 applet issue - right-click panel at bottom of desktop and select 'Preferences', then 'Applets' tab - see if indicator 3 applet is showing in the replica panel at the bottom - remov and re-add it.

With regards to keyboard issue, see if activating 'iBus' resolves the issue - can't remember where this is off top but try Menu | System Tools | System Settings | Keyboard. ;)

dendeze

Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:30:57 pm

The keyboard problem is solved bud still no wifi sound or battery icons.
Is it possible to put Zorin back to first install mode? Or Is something else possible?

Swarfendor437

Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:13:42 pm

Is this in Win7 look? If so, try moving the AWN panel to the top of the screen, (Right-click panel on a blank area and select 'Preferences' then change 'Position' from bottom to top and back again). Keep us posted! :D

dendeze

Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:25:41 pm

Yes, i use the WIN 7 look, i did try it all bud it did not work.
i re-installed Zorin so the problem is solved.
Now, can i back this up so when something goes wrong i simply can replace it in this condition?
If yes, how can i do that. :?:

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:50:49 pm

You could try to export your theme by customisation (of AWN):

34.jpg

Right-click the panel and select 'Preferences' then 'Themes' tab. Then click on 'Customise' and the window shown to the right appears (for the screenshot I had two instances of Preferences running - when you press 'Customise' the settings will change to the one on the right - then you 'export' your theme.

You may also wanto to try to backup your system using applications like 'Redo':

http://mygeekopinions.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... e-hdd.html

Get it here:

http://linux.softpedia.com/get/System/O ... 8518.shtml