This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

OS 9 Core 64-bit Install Problem

mvarry

Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:13:19 pm

I have downloaded the Zorin OS 9 Core 64-bit ISO and have burned the ISO to disc. When I boot from the disc the setup process starts (barely). A blue screen with what looks like a keyboard then an equals sign and then a human icon. After a few seconds the screen blanks or turns black and nothing else happens. The setup just sits there and does not install.
This machine currently has OS 8 installed on it. I really don't know that much about Linux Operating Systems and need some guidance. I have no idea what's wrong or what to do from there. All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Swarfendor437

Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:18:52 pm

Hi, when you see that symbol, press the space bar and the screen will open up at language selection (F2 option) - press the 'Escape' key then choose your keyboard layout, (F3) by moving your cursor (arrow) keys to desired input language, then press Esc then Press F6 and see if 'acpi=off' works for you in those options - if you are still having issues, try the text install method submitted by decalman:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8004&p=38771#p38771