This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Nautilus erase folder, fusion problem

Totolanio

Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:18:11 pm

Hello,

When I want to save a folder I copy paste it to another drive.
When I do this, nautilus asks me if I want to Cancel, ignore or Fuse files. If I press Cancel, it cancels, Ignore cancels it too. So i'm forced to use Fuse and what happens then ? If I removed files from the folder and i want to update it (so i want these files to disappear forever), the fusion NEVER removes them.

How can I solve this ? this is very annoying. It means I have to manually delete files from the copied folder and from the destination folder.
Can it be a problem of user rights, permissions ?

Thank you if you know a convenient solution

Swarfendor437

Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:51:01 pm

Hi, I have never come across this issue - as a workaround, try 'fslint' - this looks at duplicate folders and enables you to get rid of duplicate files. :D

Totolanio

Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:53:14 am

In windows, the folder is erased completely, but in Zorin the folder is analysed file by file and if there is not a newer file, the older one remains. And then you have tons of old files you thought you deleted :(

I don't think fslint gonna help though :'(

And i tried to run nautilus with gksudo but it has the same behaviour, so it's not a problem of privileges.