This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

I Need Help

Drakos32

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:59:22 pm

Where is the C:\ drive in Zorin OS 9 Core? (I Replaced windows xp with zorin and i can't find my files.)

Wolfman

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:39:27 am

Hi,

open your "home" Folder (Nautilus) and you will see a list of available drive Options on the left Hand side, normally it will be a drive which refers to your Computer model like Asus or HP Compaq if you are trying to access your Windows C: drive!. (This is working on the assumption that you still have Windows installed!.

See also:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Mount ... Partitions

Drakos32

Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:23:12 pm

No i replaced windows. What do i do then?

Wolfman

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:59:00 pm

Hi,

if you wiped Windows without backing up your data first; you have no Windows C: drive!. If you open "home", that is where all your files will be installed if you copy them from a backup medium like a USB stick/External drive.

Swarfendor437

Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:10:44 pm

Just to be clear, Windows is not GNU/Linux and vice versa - they use different filesystems and naming conventions - if you use Wine however there is a 'fake' C drive in there - go to '/home' folder, press Ctrl+ H to see your hidden files and you will see one '.wine' - you may need to run 'Configure Wine' first to get this showing first:

24.jpg