This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Task Bar Borked

Donavyn

Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:27:47 pm

Is there a way to re-initialize the task bar in Zorin 09 Core? While re-installing and starting over (again) isn't beyond an option to consider, I find that if there is a way to refresh the task bar everything should be back to normal.

To give you an idea of what I am seeing, the information on the right of the task bar no longer populates. A white block is the only thing that shows up, I've tried changing the theme, un-checking and re-checking adding my login name to the task bar, but none of that seems to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:42:17 pm

If you can still see the panel, right-click for preferences, move to top then back to bottom:

41.png

You may want to consider a replacement/workaround:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7983

Donavyn

Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:01:59 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried your trick, but unfortunately it didn't work. Even moved it to the right and back to the bottom, still no task bar information on the right.

On my way to check out the 'workaround' now.

Donavyn

Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:32:15 pm

UPDATE:

In playing around with the task bar, I found out what the issue is.

The Applets are all present, however the Indicator 3 Applet isn't working and showing the information as it should. To figure this out I removed all of the applets and replaced them in again one at a time.

So now my question is, is there a way to get the applet to display properly again?!

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:10:24 am

I think this is definitely a bug with the amount of people having similar issues - hopefully Team Zorin will get a fix for it - soon! :(

This is what my panel looks like now that I have installed applets from the link in that post I gave you - I downloaded all of them but some state they have a later install, the others need dependencies that will not work with the current kernel/version of Gnome.

This is how my current panel looks:

22.jpg

The only thing that is missing is a network indicator - I may just install Cairo-Dock once more to get this! :D

Linx

Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:10:46 am

Try this

Press [Control] + [Alt] + [T]

This should open up terminal.
Then run this command.

Code:
look-changer

Then click on "Windows 7"

Hope this helps!