This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) "Desktop" in Dutch evironment

Hennie

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:03:11 pm

I have worked with Zorin 9.1 for a few weeks now. I have chosen for Dutch language. After trying to install Comodo I have now decided not to finish it and remove it again. But ...there is a location from which I cannot delete the Comodo-icon. Double click opens the program. In the desktop overview I can click on "Persoonlijke map" (Personal map). After doing so I see the icon "Desktop" (in English) and doubleclick on it. The only icon I see then is COMODO. It is impossible to remove it. Actually I would like to remove the total map "Desktop" as there is already a map "Bureaublad" (Desktop) showing all icons I see on the start page.
How can I get rid of this Comodo program and Desktop-map?

Swarfendor437

Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:40:17 pm

Hi, try the 'force' option - just replace 'kingsoft Office' with your Comodo program in the commands I list hee:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7084&start=10#p33766

Hennie

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:38:26 pm

After entering the command I get the following warning: ignoring request to remove comodo which isn't installed. But apparently it is installed because when I click in the Comodo icon in the Desktop map the program opens. However, the program warns: Comodo Application Agent is not running. This is abacadabra to me.

Hennie

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:50:21 pm

I just clicked on "Remove" in the softwarecentre and it has now gone. After that I clicked on the map Desktop with a red circle and a white cross in it and I could force the map to disappear. So I think the problem is solved. The only question I still have is Why does the program show up in the so called English desktop and not in the Dutch bureablad. Would that have been my own choice? I can't remember that.

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:04:31 pm

Not all applications are written in languages other than English - this is down to volunteers in the community - as for 'paid for' solutions, this is down to whether they can be bothered to spend money on other languages, especially on free offerings, but this will vary from company to company. ;)

Glad you got sorted.

Wolfman

Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:03:41 am

Hi,

for language settings:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1699&p=5927#p5927

Hennie

Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:39:30 pm

The system has already been set on Dutch language since I started Zorin a month ago. That's why I don't understand the sudden show up of the map Desktop. I did not create it. Possibly it was created automatically during the first installation of Comodo. Anyhow, I was able to remove the Desktop map.

Wolfman

Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:45:28 pm

Hi Hennie,

then I will mark this as "Solved" if that is okay with you?. :D

Hennie

Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54:37 pm

OK