This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Printing problems - no margins or images

ZDuncan

Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:34:39 pm

Printing from LibreOffice Writer on my PC has suddenly become faulty. The two main issues are:

1) Text appearing on the extreme left hand side of the paper, almost being clipped off, despite the fact that margins are observed on-screen.

2) The program is suddenly refusing to print images, and just leaves blank spaces.

I have checked obvious stuff like ink levels, and printed test pages with no problems. This fault has appeared recently from nowhere, and there were never any difficulties previously. I have Zorin 9 and a Kodak ESP 1.2 AiO printer. Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:01:13 pm

Hi, have you updated LibreOffice lately or has it updated and since caused the problem? Have you tried uninstalling the printe and reinstalling?
I always find the best way to install a printer is to open a terminal (Ctrl+ Alt+ T) and enter:

Code:
sudo system-config-printer

ZDuncan

Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:42:08 pm

Hi,

It has been updated, maybe that is what's causing the issue. I guess I posted in the wrong place, will try on the Libre forums as I have encountered other posters having similar issues there. No solutions though!

Thanks anyway.

Wolfman

Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:19:00 am

Hi,

try this terminal command:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

You should also try installing the full LO package with:

Code:
sudo apt-get install libreoffice

See if that helps. :D

Or remove LO completely and re-install it!. :D