This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Not an Official Install of Zorin

Acer DeVille

Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:10:17 am

I know this has been asked before, because I asked it, I think. I am sorry about asking it again, but I did a search and went through all the pages and did not find it.

Question is, I have recently installed Zorin 9, I will get the warning "There has been a system Error, do you wish to report", or something to that effect, my memory isn't that good, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I click "Yes Report", and it does it's gathering information thing, and then load Apport, which says "This is not an official installation of Zorin, please remove extra packages and try again". Why is it not an official install, I downloaded from the Zorin website. Is there a workaround so I can get Apport to report the system problems? Thanks for being so understanding about my double post.

Wolfman

Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:04:44 am

Hi AD,

Apport ( System Reporter) is a right pain, the best thing to do is remove it with the following terminal (Ctrl + Alt + t) command:

Code:
sudo apt-get remove apport

Or you can use Synaptic to do the same!. :D

Acer DeVille

Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:48:02 am

Thanks, that's what I needed to know, I guess mark this solved.