This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) OpenOffice

Andoni

Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:16:00 pm

Hi,
I am new here, so very sorry if I because my knowledge is poor in linux. I just have a big problem with openoffice, it freezes in the splash screen for a second, ant then stops and does not start. I did everything recommended in the forums, such as uninstall completely, install it again in every form, purge, ect. So I do not know what else to do. I bought the premium zorin 9 ultimate, maybe i can install openoffice again from the CD? I read that I have support for buying the premium, so where do I have to write?
Any help will be apreciate. Thanks in advance

Swarfendor437

Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44:02 pm

Hi, Firstly, OpenOffice does not ship with Zorin - LibreOffice (which was developed by most of the OpenOffice devs that left Oracle for The Document Foundation. Just so that we are clear, is it LibreOffice you're query relates to or OpenOffice? If the latter you have installed yourself.

As far as I know, Zorin support is likely to relate to issues around the OS rather than individual applications, but I have not used the service so cannot advise - any other members around to share their helpdesk experiences? ;)

Andoni

Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:31:55 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, Firstly, OpenOffice does not ship with Zorin - LibreOffice (which was developed by most of the OpenOffice devs that left Oracle for The Document Foundation. Just so that we are clear, is it LibreOffice you're query relates to or OpenOffice? If the latter you have installed yourself.

As far as I know, Zorin support is likely to relate to issues around the OS rather than individual applications, but I have not used the service so cannot advise - any other members around to share their helpdesk experiences? ;)

I already fixed the problem. As you said OpenOffice does not ship with zorin. I was misleading both. So I unninstaled completely openoffice and then installed a clean LibreOffice version. Everything works like a charm now.
Thank you so much for your quick answer!