This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin Software Center question

Oddmoore

Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:27:38 pm

Hello.

I was recently using the Zorin Software Center (Zorin 6.4) to download a program, however; before I could download it, I was told that I would need to switch from the Zorin Software Center to the Ubuntu Software Center in order to do so.

I did so and now would like to switch back.

I was wondering; is there any way to get back the Zorin Software Center now instead of the Ubuntu Software Center?

Thank you.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:27:56 pm

Please can you first tell me the following:

1. Go to Menu | System Tools | Administration | Software Updater - launch it and then when it has finished scanning for updates, click on the 'Settings' button and report back what is stated next to:

'Notify me of a new ubuntu version'. :D

Oddmoore

Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:58:36 am

It says:
For long-term support versions.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:40:36 pm

OK, it should be set to 'Never' that is why you have Ubuntu Software Centre instead of the normal one. Unless one of the other mods (Wolfman?) can advise differently, I would back up your data and do a fresh install.

Oddmoore

Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:18:09 pm

That wouldn't be to difficult, more inconvenient than anything. Lol
The thing is, it switched right when I wanted to download a program from the zorin software center but couldn't because the program was apparently only available through the ubuntu software center.
It gave me the option to switch, so I did, and then it popped up a little window, changed some setting and that was that.
I just wish I paid more attention to "what" was changed. It's a little mystery. Lol

Wolfman

Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:12:01 pm

Hi,

check out the software update guide, it may hold an answer for you:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

As Swarf has pointed out, your software repositories should be set to "Main". (See guide for further info)

Oddmoore

Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:34:20 pm

I'll have a go at your suggestions.
Thank you both for the time and help.