This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Chromium does awe snap

nucklehead

Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:14:08 pm

Can't find anything about this on the Zorin help.

Sometimes Chromium goes to the awe snap for every single page I visit.
Other times it goes to aw snap with gmail and google extentions (though when other websites are working google drive and google search works).

I've searched for any possible reason this happens but I cannot find one and also in the Zorin forums and google help. Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Wolfman

Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:38:18 pm

Hi,

go here and try their suggestions:

https://support.google.com/chromebook/a ... 0?hl=en-GB

nucklehead

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:14:45 pm

Hey thanks for the reply. I removed all extentions, cleared my history and closed all other tabs, restarted etc. All of their advice and more. I decided to completely reinstall zoin and I even tried zorin lite. On zorin core I get the aw snap every single time I visit any page. On zorin lite I get it on gmail, this webpage for some reason and sporadically on a couple other pages. I have no problem like this of any kind on firefox. Any ideas?

I also tried using a chrome clone or chrome alternative but I cannot put adblock or ghostery on it which is important to me. I really prefer chrome because the history search is more detailed, the download tabs are way better and the bookmarks are easier to deal with. If anyone knows about some unknown chrome clone for linux that allows extentions please let me know or a firefox version on linux with better history search and bookmarking it would be highly very much appreciated. I'm not super linux literate but I've used several platforms and have used the terminal a lot to solve problems and I'm willing to learn if someone has some ideas.

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:22:56 pm

Well it is not a clone of Chrome but it is now somehow linked to it - the downside to the latest versions prevent you from removing search engines it comes with! I prefer Opera 12.16! :D

Wolfman

Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:11:24 pm

Hi,

you can also try running this update terminal command (Ctrl + Alt + t) in case it is dependency related:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

Restart after running the command for that just in case scenario!. :D

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

nucklehead

Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:15:18 am

Thanks. I ran the update and that took care of most of the problems though I wasn't able to watch youtube videos. I then made a change to the settings (advanced settings): uncliking use hardware accelerator when available. This made youtube and all other websites available however at the same time it disabled flash. So I suppose I'll have to choose between youtube and a couple other websites and watch any flash content on another browser or the reverse.

Thanks for the suggestion about opera. I'll give it a try (it's been several years...maybe it's changed).

Thanks for the help everyone.

Wolfman

Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:32:17 pm

Hi,

open Synaptic and type "gnash" in search, see if there are any packages relating to gnash and mark them and then right click them and select for complete removal, then update while still in Synaptic > Reload > Mark all Upgrades > Apply.

Let us know if this helps. :D