This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

I think im hacked under zorin lite can you help

khalil-man

Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:03:18 pm

hello, i use your system os and install a download manager KGET and download 2 files from the origin site but they're hash md5 is not the same from origin,i scan one file by virustotal.com and found virus by 3 antivirus scanner (trojan,exploit,suspicious) can you help me for that and how to do
N.B: I use clamwin antivirus with clamfs

Swarfendor437

Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:05:33 am

Is this a game patch? You mentioned Origin - the problem is that some games patches due to their nature may be picked up as viruses - the fact that the md5sum does not match is suspicious initself - have you downloaded to windows as you say you are using clamwin which is NOT for GNU/Linux - that is the windows version! ;)

Wolfman

Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:28:36 pm

Hi,

online Virus scanners are notably only out to scare people into downloading their own AntiVirus scanner tool, if you download any package regardless from whence it came, use Clamav (you did install the GUI for it didn't you?), simply open ClamAV and navigate to the downloads folder and select that file only (then file you want to scan, not the downloads folder).

If you don't have the GUI for ClamAV installed, install it with the following terminal command (Ctrl + Alt + t):

Code:
sudo apt-get install clamtk

See also:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ClamAV